Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A quick Payton "funny"

Here are my 2 kiddos and hubby hard at work... hey -taking pictures is hard work as well!  :)


I wanted to post this on here, just so I have it written (I know, I know it's typed) down for my memory purposes.  (See the post just under this one about Payton's memory vs. mine!)  

When we went down to my parents for Thanksgiving, we loaded up the trailor with wood to bring home for our now non-working fireplace.  (We had no idea that it wasn't working then, so I guess the saying "hindsight's 20/20" is true!)  We had all of this wood just piled up out by the shed and it needed to be organized and stacked neatly behind it.  Jon and the kids were sitting at the table finishing up with their lunch and he asked the kids, "Who's going to help Daddy stack the wood?"  Without skipping a beat, or even a bite of his food, Payton replied, "God will help you, Daddy.  He will give you the strength you need to do it all by yourself.  I am going to go and climb a tree!"  Even though his statement was true, this wasn't quite the response Jon was looking for!  This has brought a lot of laughter to our family!  What a witty little guy Payton is!  

Now Jon and I need to remember his answer word for word, because as Payton gets older and gains new responsibilities around the house, I'm sure we can use it on him!  I can hear it now... "Mom, who's going to help me clean the bathroom".... "God is honey, he'll give you the strength to tackle that toilet and have it sparkling clean in no time!"

No comments: