Sunday, November 28, 2010

A little Photo "catch-up"


I love taking pictures of Grandma's barn.   

Looking towards the bridge from down below the house at Grandma's.

Standing along the tree line behind Grandma's house looking up towards the house and barn.  You can see my mom and dad's house in the upper right of the picture.  Right beside where I am standing is where Scott's deer was on the edge of the field in the tree line.

Payton and Mason wishing this buck was theirs!

Mason was telling us how nice of a buck this was and how nice it's body was!

Scott's daughter, Raylan loves to go deer hunting with her daddy!  She wasn't along for this one, but enjoyed being there when they brought it in.

Scott helping Riley and Payton get through the barb wire fence.

Granny, Riley, and Payton at Uncle Raymond's on Thanksgiving Day.  Can you believe that this was Granny's 96th Thanksgiving?  Wow!  (counting her first one when she was 5 months old)

Jerilynn, Riley, Payton, and Anna on Thanksgiving Day.

Riley and Payton playing a DS game together at Grandma and Grandpa T's house the day after Thanksgiving.

Riley was all ready to watch Ramona and Beezus with me and pooped out about half way through!  However, I finished the movie by myself and cried my eyes out!  It's such a good movie.  Gotta love the nice, feel-good movies!

Not many people believe us when we tell them that Buki and Barkley have a very close relationship... honestly -- they do!  They eat out of the same bowl together, at the same time.  They sleep next to each other.  And they love to play together.  If Barkley isn't starting it, Buki is!  Oh, and if you haven't guessed it, Buki is now an inside cat.  We still aren't exactly sure how this happened, but it has something to do with Riley becoming extremely attached to him!

Jon, the kids, and I stayed at my Mom and Dad's until the Sunday after Grandma's funeral.  It was nice to just be there on the farm and enjoy being with family.  It was hard to look down at her house and think that she wasn't there.  It still just didn't seem real.

Saturday we went to visit Grandma Denny (my Mom's Mom) at the nursing home in Brazil.  She was sleeping and was hard to wake up, so we tried to talk with her a little bit, but our visit was short.

Saturday evening, Jon and I went to dinner together in Greencastle, while the kids went over to Aunt Loretta's to play with Mason, Jocelyn, and the rest of the crew.  Jessica had to learn all the in's and out's of diabetes in record time and she did a great job!  It was awesome to have a chance to have dinner with Jon.  Afterwards, we went back to get the kids and sat out by a fire with Jess, Jeff, Scott, Gwen, and all of the kids.  Just being together brought back so many memories of being kids and running around my Grandma's and Aunt Loretta's together.  I'm sorry that it has been so long since we've seen each other and especially sorry that it took a funeral to make it happen.

Sunday morning is when Scott got his buck and I took the pictures of the barn, house, field, etc.  My kiddos were so excited to be a part of the deer experience... such city kids, I know!  I remember being a kid and laughing at friends who would come down and be mesmerized when the hunters would get a deer... now it's my 2 that are mesmerized -- how funny!

No comments: