Friday, November 26, 2010

Leaving Her Legacy...

Do not stand over me and weep, only my shell lies beneath this sod.
All that I am or ever will be, has returned to Earth, the Spirit and to God.

I am the wind that blows across your face, I am the sun that warms your back.
I am the stars that point the way when you are lost in thought or in the dark of night.
I am the moon that governs all things, far and near.

Please do not grieve for me, for I am not here. I have returned to roaming this earth as always,
In the moon, the sun, the stars, and the four winds.



These are the words that my Grandma had written and sent to our cousin in California for safe keeping until it was time to share them.  She had requested that this be read at her funeral.

On November 11, 2010, it was read by my Aunt Kaye. 

Grandma really was a neat lady and we miss her dearly.  Just to know that I can't pick up the phone and call Grandma, is painful.  Driving to my Mom and Dad's yesterday and seeing her house just down the road was painful.  My first Thanksgiving without her was painful.  This is the first time that I have lost someone close to me and it stinks.  The hurt, pain, lump in my throat.... all of it just stinks.  It's hard to see my children sad because they miss her, it makes me break down even more.  A memory of my Grandma flashed into my mind the other night and it was so strong that I literally had to just sit down and cry.  Riley came and sat on my lap and just hugged me, words other than "I love you" were not needed, she knew what was wrong.  I just feel "blah" and I don't like it because I know that she wouldn't want me to be this way.  Just yesterday, I caught myself wanting to share the brownies with her that I had made for Thanksgiving.  It was a diabetic recipe that Riley loves and just for a second I knew she wouldn't believe that they were made with splenda instead of sugar.  It's moments like this that hurt the most.

No comments: