Sunday, August 10, 2008

So many changes, how can we keep up?

This has been the "Summer of Change" as I like to call it (sounds like a good book title doesn't it?). Having a new house means new schools. New schools means new friends, new sports leagues, new school colors (orange, white, and brown) and mascot (Huskies), and for me it means a new job. The 6th was my last day at Pebble Brook and I am now making the move from preschoolers to helping in a third grade classroom. I will be a one-on-one instructional assistant through the Special Education Department and I have been assigned a wonderful girl for this school year. I had the opportunity to meet with her and her family about a week ago and it was great! She was in an accident about 2 1/2 yrs ago and suffered a traumatic brain injury. She is just the sweetest thing! So, this will put me on the exact same schedule as our two kiddos! How awesome is that? As was discussed in Church this morning by Pastor Brock, this is completely a "gift from God!" I am so excited to get away from my 7am-6pm, 4 day a week preschool position! I will admit that I honestly already miss those beautiful little 3 and 4 yr olds!

So, summer is officially over... I start tomorrow and the kids go on Tuesday. That's pretty sad, but exciting all at the same time! They are excited to start their new schools. Payton will be at the Primary School (K-2nd) and Riley and I at the Elementary School (3rd-5th). I'll be posting a few new pictures soon!

No comments: