Sunday, August 10, 2008




I had Thursday and Friday off this past week so I could get a few (thousand) things finished before starting my new job. This turned out great because Aunt Kaye and Uncle Bob brought Grandma Bessie up to see us and the new house. She was pretty exhausted by the time the got here from riding in the car, let's be honest... she was exhausted before they even left her house, but she won't admit it! I know it was hard on her to travel, but we are sure glad that she made the trip. The kids had fun playing games with her. They taught her how to play "UNO" which she emphatically kept pronouncing as "you know". This drove Payton crazy! He tried to tell her it was like "uno, dos, tres... uno means one" this made me giggle inside because as we all know, she loves a good argument and Payton sure knows how to stand his ground! By the last round she was still saying it like 'you know' and he would just smile at me and roll his eyes, the best part is that she would smile back at him as if she were just doing it to drive him up the wall! It was a fun afternoon and I'm sure it's one that Payton will look back on and smile about for many years! I'm already picturing the scrapbook page about this one.... :)

No comments: