Wednesday, May 14, 2008


I have to share a funny Barkley story with you... tonight after dinner while I was loading the dishwasher, he kept trying to get under the lid while it was down. I kept having him move and go lay down on the other side, but he would get back up and was very persistant to move back to the side with the dishwasher. When I was finished, I closed the lid and moved over to the stove to clean it off, not really paying a bit of attention to the floor. I heard him licking up something and turned to see what it was, and he was licking up water... tons and tons of water! Our dishwasher had been leaking the entire time that I was running water and rinsing off dinner dishes to load! I think I said something to the effect of, "Oh no Barkley what is that?" and he gave me the funniest little look as if to say,"I'm not sure I did this, but if I did I'm sorry!" It was so cute and funny. I had the kids grab some towels while I called maintenence (a comp lete plus about town house living!) and he continued to lick up water. I felt bad because he knew something wasn't right long before I did! What a good dog!

No comments: