Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The 2nd and 3rd Grade AFC Champions!




I have to share with you all how Payton's football season ended...


Final game (the Orange Bowl), and they were getting beat 12-7 with about 2 minutes left on the clock.  This was the first time all season that they were down.  They tried to run the ball.  First, second, and third downs unsuccessful.  


Now there was only 40-45 seconds left on the clock.  Payton was playing QB.  Fourth down play starts.  He throws a beautiful 20 yd spiral pass and the receiver actually catches it and runs it down for a TD with only 6 seconds left on the clock!  


I think I forgot to breathe during this play.  It was amazing!  The boys were so excited!  It was adorable.  I think Jon was just as excited as they were if not a little more!  He was as much fun to watch down on the field as the boys during all of this.  


Even with as many people that were there, we cannot find anyone who was taping it!  Bummer.  I had my camera and my video camera, but wasn't using it because I was so sad that they were losing.  Payton was a little upset with me at the end of the game because he wanted to watch the play over and over again.  I tried to explain to him that if he would have let me know the plan ahead of time, I would have been recording it!  :)



No comments: