Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thought I'd share a bit of Riley's school work...


With Riley being in 4th grade, she has to do A LOT of creative writing in school. Here are two of the short stories that she's written. One about her rotten little brother and a letter to Santa from a penguin....


My Rotten, Brown Haired Brother
By Riley Tindal

I have a rotten little brother. He is seven years old, and his name is Payton. His favorite color is orange. Believe it or not, he has one wall painted orange in his room. It is very vibrant! I'm surprised he can sleep in there! He likes to play with army men. Sometimes he makes me play, but I don't like it. Payton's favorite NFL teams are the Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears. The player he likes on the Colts is Peyton Manning and on the bears is Jay Cutler. The cool thing about his name is that he was named after Walter Payton who used to play for the Chicago Bears. His favorite sports are football, basketball, and soccer. Payton is good at playing quarterback because he yells very loud. That was a little bit about my little brother. Even though he can be rotten, I still like him just the way he is!



A Letter To Santa
By Riley Tindal
Dear Santa,
I am Peggy the penguin. I have a secret to tell you, but please don't tell anyone else. Here it goes.... I have a huge crush on Rudolph! Santa, since I have a crush on Rudolph and I want to meet him, can I please be on your sleigh team? I would be good at getting you through the snow because I live in the South Pole where there is a lot of snow. I know how cold it is going to be since I live in the snow. I can slither across the snow and ice to deliver the presents if we were to crash. Are you thinking about letting me on the team? I sure hope so!
Sincerely,
Peggy, Your Favorite Penguin

No comments: