Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So, what are you doing for New Year's Eve?













We decided to stay 'in' tonight. Well, actually after a quick trip to CVS and WalMart, we are staying in for the rest of the night. Jon gets the pleasure of spending the New Year at work, bummer.

Every year we make Snickerdoodles on New Year's Eve, so once again we've got warm, yummy cookies to enjoy. I started doing this about 4 or 5 years ago, and believe it or not, I forgot about it this year! Riley and Payton actually asked me when we were going to start making them. I was flattered that they had remembered a fun little 'tradition' of ours for New Year's Eve!

The kids have been collecting pop tabs to take into school. Our school has a goal of something like 100 gallon jugs full of them for this school year. We have wonderful friends who have been helping us collect them and they even handed over their collection to the kids as well! Thank you Brad, Amy, Tom, and Chris! Payton thought that tonight would be a good night to get them all loaded up in a milk jug and ready to take into school when we go back next week. He was so adorable that I had to get out the camera and snap a few pictures to savor this 'cute' moment. I know, I know... me get the camera 'out'... who am I kidding? It was already sitting 'out' on the computer desk ready to go! After a few fun pictures of the work he was doing, he wanted to hold up the entire bag, so our blogger world could see just how many pop tabs he was working with. This obviously wasn't the best idea...oooops! The bag slipped and most of the little tabs landed on the floor. The best part was the look on Riley's face when I asked if she would come help her brother with something! She turned the corner and saw all of the little tabs everywhere and was in shock. After a few giggles, they were all picked up and Payton finished filling his first milk jug! I think we have enough for a few more jugs, what do you think?

No comments: