Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy 93rd Birthday, Granny!




Today is my Great Grandma's 93rd birthday! Her name is Kathryn Elizabeth White, but we've always called her "Granny!" I remember when I was little (somewhere between 5-8 yrs. old) I needed to call and talk to my mom who was over at Granny's house... I called "0" (back when they would just look up a number for you and not charge you for it--- what even happens now if we dial just a "0"? I might just have to find out, hang on a minute.... well that's no fun, it just went to our Comcast customer service) anyway, I was calling for the operator and asked for my Granny's phone number... the operator wanted to know what Granny's name was and I replied, "I don't know, she's just Granny!" I remember this story very clearly because I was really frustrated with this woman who didn't have a clue who the best Great Grandma named Granny was! We love you, Granny! Happy 93!

No comments: